Plenary Session: State of the Industry
This session is brought to you by: Headline sponsor: Raymarine Platinum sponsors: Cummins, FPT Powertrain Technologies, KOHLER Gold Sponsors: Melita Marine Group, Pon Cat, SavageLightning, Volvo Penta, VYVA Fabrics Silver sponsors: DIAB, Dockmate, Eastman, epe, Gurit, KVH, LG Business Solutions, LUMISHORE, SPRADLING, Veratron Marine
Moderator: Sara Anghel (President ICOMIA) Speakers: Andrea Frabetti (CEO Sunseeker), Frank Hugelmeyer (President National Marine Manufacturers Association), Lawrence Chow (Chairman HKBIA , Asia
Representative of the ICOMIA Executive Committee) ICOMIA gave a global perspective on the leisure marine industry, offering key insights on developments and opportunities in different markets.
The panel discussion gave a brief intro about the state of the industry around the world during the pandemic but mainly focused on What’s next. The panel discussion addressed the following questions:
· Where is the market going, anticipation for 2021 and beyond?
· What are the current challenges facing the industry, such as supply chain disruption, labour shortage, low retail inventory, boat show cancellations?
· What are the new demands for the industry? And opportunities?
· How has consumer behaviour changed?
· What is the future of boat shows?
Receive the best newsletter in the leisure marine industry - straight to your inbox!